Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

12/20/12

Christmas at Misty Hill Lodge


I, too, have been negligent with my blogging posts, but I will be making a few New Year's resolutions to keep up with my writing in 2013.  In the meantime, my extended family (two children and their spouses, six grandchildren, my mother, my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, and my daughter's mother-in-law) will be celebrating Christmas at Misty Hill Lodge with my husband and me.  It will be a bittersweet holiday this year without my dear father, but he will be with us in our hearts.  As you can see in the photo above, the mantle is decorated, a fire is blazing, and the Christmas tree is lit.  You can't hear it, but the room is filled with music.

Merry Christmas to all my spuds and to all our readers!

5 comments:

Christy said...

This looks like heaven, Edie. I'm sure your father will be joining you--his spirit in that music. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Stephanie said...

Looks like a wonderful place to celebrate the holidays:)

john said...

Absolutely beautiful, Edie.
Have a wonderful holiday with warm memories of your dad.

David LaRochelle said...

How beautiful! I hope good memories of your father helped to warm the holiday. The first Christmas without a loved one is especially hard.

Burgers Recipes said...

Great post thank you