Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

4/19/12

Pa'lante



In Puerto Rico we say, "Pa'lante" meaning, "Keep going."

Despite all the changes in the publishing industry, I have no choice but to keep going. I am a writer and I will keep on writing no matter what.

My Picasso book is coming out next fall. The manuscript for the Salvador DalĂ­ biography is due on May 15. I am really looking forward for this summer when I will be revising my novel. And I wrote a picture book. Can you believe that? A picture book by Carmen! It was hard to write, but my agent likes it!

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Carmen! What a gorgeous cover for you Picasso book! I cannot wait to add it to my collection. And congratulations on all that you have coming out-- including a picture book! Bravo!

john said...

I can believe it, Carmen and can't wait to see it. And congratulations on that striking cover for Mr. Picasso.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous book. And yes I can totally believe a picture book by you:)

john said...

Pa'lante.
I like that.

Edie Hemingway said...

Carmen,

You are such a versatile writer! Congratulations!

Mark said...

Carmen, I just returned from a conference in which much discussion was given to the changing world of publishing, but you're proving the point that great writing and storytelling will always find a way to an audience. Congratulations!

David LaRochelle said...

I sometimes get nervous about the future of books, but you have the right attitude Carmen: we need to keep writing, no matter what. The world will always need stories.