Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

1/1/12

The Holidays in Pictures

A challenging game of ping pong on Christmas day.



















A completely unposed photo near the Christmas tree.

















The "cousins" texting each other!


It was a fun day, especially with our son and his girlfriend in town. We also visited my side of the family a few days later and had a delicious meal at Marie Callendar's. She's a very good cook! :)



Happy New Year! I hope the coming year is filled with joy, good news about book projects, and many gatherings with friends and family.

7 comments:

Edie Hemingway said...

Diane,
It looks as if you had a really fun holiday with family and friends! Ping pong is always fun. I wish we still had a place to set up our table...

Christy said...

Diane, is this your house? It looks lovely!

Diane Adams said...

Thanks Christy. It is my house. The ping pong table is in our garage, which my husband and son cleaned up very nicely!

We had a great time playing ping pong and someone just reminded me that Spoons is a great family game. We'll have to try that next time!

David LaRochelle said...

I especially like the "unposed" photo, Diane! And Spoons IS a great game that is easy for everyone to play...I, too, will have to remember that the next time we have a group at my sister's (she supplies the food and I'm in charge of games).

Lauren said...

I love ping-pong. My mom used to have a ping-pong table in her basement and we played every holiday. In fact, I am remembering the Christmas I was pregnant with my first child, I was particularly adept at ping-pong-- in fact, unbeatable! Perhaps because I was playing for two?
Anyhow Diane, it looks like a wonderful gathering for the holidays.

Mark said...

Looks like a fun time, Diane. Judging by some of the comments left here, it sounds like a ping-pong tournament is in order when the Ten Potatoes finally gather someday!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun!