Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

3/25/11

Edie's Favorite Book-Related Website

There are a number of blogs and websites I have bookmarked on my computer, all of which offer helpful information to writers or suggestions and reviews for readers. But the one I have to call my favorite is Darcy Pattison's Fiction Notes. If you check her archives, you can find helpful posts on almost any "craft of writing" topic. I have found her series on revision particularly helpful.

Darcy is an accomplished author in her own right and has two new books out this year: IT'S ALL DOWNHILL (Stone Arch Books) and PRAIRIE STORM (Sylvan Dell Publishers). She also created a popular Novel Revision Retreat, which she teaches across the nation. I'm still hoping to get her to Maryland for a presentation to our region of SCBWI.

If you pay a visit to Darcy's site, plan to take your time. It will be worth your while...

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the tip, Edie! I just clicked on her blog and saw that it was about social media and how to use it smartly- `perfect timing as a friend of mine has begun to tweet reluctantly, but expressly for publicity purposes. This will be interesting reading!

Mark said...

Great site, Edie. You can also sign up to receive daily emails of Darcy's posts, which means you don't have to keep remembering to check out her site -- you get the information sent to you! I've also heard very good things about her novel revision book, used by a couple of my friends...

Christy said...

Thank you! I'm so excited for this discovery, Edie. I'm beginning a middle grade/novel writing class this week and was just puzzling about my character's arc. In the archives there is a wonderful post all about 3 different types of characters arcs. A lightbulb has turned on!

Edie Hemingway said...

Yes, there are all sorts of nuggets to find on this website! Mark, I haven't read Darcy's NOVEL METAMORPHOSIS: UNCOMMON WAYS TO REVISE, but I plan to get it once I finish my first draft of my novel in progress. And, Christy, good luck with your novel writing class. I'm excited for you!

David LaRochelle said...

I enjoyed looking at Darcy's FaceBook article, as I'm testing the waters about this type of social media. Thanks, Edie!