Ten writers for children. All with something to say.

11/27/09

In the world of children's literature, I am thankful for...

  1. Creative minds.
  2. Past and current authors who have set and raised the standards.
  3. Editors and publishers who keep acquiring new books in an uncertain economy.
  4. The inventor of the bookcase.
  5. Independent bookstores whose inventories are not dictated by a central office.
  6. Librarians who help to spread the love of the written word.
  7. Teachers who instill the skill and love of reading in their students.
  8. Story characters who make good friends you can count on.
  9. My fellow spuds who come together from our far-flung homes to share thoughts on books and the writing process.
  10. My five grandchildren who love books.
(and 11. A husband who cooks!)

7 comments:

Christy said...

So many good things!
I'm jealous. I want a husband who cooks.

betsy woods said...

The grandbabies are beautiful! What treasures!

Stephanie said...

What a great photo, looks like a lot of fun.

David LaRochelle said...

All excellent things for which to give thanks, Edie...and I want a husband who cooks, too!

Edie Hemingway said...

Yes, a husband who cooks is very handy (especially on Thanksgiving) and gives me much more writing time. You spuds are great!

Lauren said...

Great list and I love the photo!

Prof. Watermelon said...

A shout out to all the librarians of the world! Woot Woot!

I love your list!